Sam from Thoughts on Tomes hosted the first ever Tome Topple Readathon from June 5th to June 19th. I made a post about my possible reads for it here where I explain better what it entailed if you want to read more about that. Today I’ll be checking my results in this wrap-up to see how much I actually read and what challenges I succeeded at.
- The Circle by Sara B. Elfgren and Mats Strandberg | Unfinished
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson | Finished
- The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell | Finished
I read and reviewed The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell, then I picked Nimona for my graphic novel break and fell in love with it, and finally started The Circle, but wasn’t able to finish it. The readathon was about picking big books, so that’s why I’m still counting The Circle.
- The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell | 624 pages
- The Circle by Sara B. Elfgren and Mats Strandberg | 302 pages
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson | 272 pages
- TOTAL: 1.198 pages
- Read more than one big book | Failed
- Take a graphic novel break | Accomplished -> Nimona
- Read a tome that is part of a series | Accomplished -> The Circle of the Engelsfors trilogy
- Read over 500 pages in one week | Accomplished -> from the 5th to the 12th of June I read a little over 500 pages of The Bone Clocks
- Read an adult novel | Accomplished -> The Bone Clocks is an adult novel
- TOTAL: 4 out of 5
I would call this readathon a success! I got to pick up books I never would have on my own and I really enjoyed them. I also liked participating in reading sprints on Twitter and checking everyone else’s progress. This adds to my love for reading challenges (as I said on this post on my reasons why) and I look forward to participate in another one soon.